Objectives: Collaborate on existing and new R and Python packages. We will collect feedback from the course participants and lecturers and then start implementing or at least planning R / Python developments initiatives. The workshop might be focused more on discussion, but we might also split in smaller groups and then actually start developing code straight away. No classes will be given, the program will completely be maintained by the participants.
Workshop moderator: T. Hengl
Who is invited: Anyone registered on some project on R-forge (which is free!). There are no fees to join this workshop, but you do need to sign-up for it. There will be no live broadcast of this workshop.
Please bring with you materials / prepare slides or demos that you would like to share.
Duration: 1.5 days (post-GEOSTAT 2012 event); Tuesday (Sep 11)
Location: IfGI, Muenster Germany
Tuesday 11th Sept
- S. Gebbert: Developing space-time classes for TGRASS
- T. Hengl: Developing packages via R-forge - plotKML and GSIF packages (a crash course to building R packages)
- 10:45-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-13:00 Presentations by the participants:
- E. Pebesma: Experiences with maintaining sp and gstat packages
- J. Moeys: Soil texture diagrams (soiltexture) | Soil hydraulic properties (soilwater) | Easy database interface to SQLite, MySQL and Access (easydb)
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch break (at own cost)
- 14:00-17:30 Discussion panel and splitting into groups
Wednesday 12th Sept
Please sign-up for this event and you will regularly receive updates and notices.