The course fee for the GEOSTAT 2017 Split Summer School is €450; this covers the costs of facilities, lunches and coffee breaks and travel costs for lecturers, and no profits are made. Participants from, and funded by, ODA countries and/or full time students (MSc and/or PhD) pay a subsidized fee of €320 as stated in the confirmation of participation letter sent to each participant. The fees do not cover accommodation. Information about accommodation possibilities is provided on the course website, and will be regularly updated.
All payments and refunds will be made in euros.
For any questions about the payment and administrative issues please contact:
Irena Rajic oec. (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Secretary, Mediterranean institute for lifesciences,
Mestrovicevo setaliste 45 | 21000 Split - Croatia
t+385 21 55 56 00 / f +385 21 55 56 05 / www.medils.hr
All payments will be handled by MEDILS that will be the Summer School secretariat. The payment details are:
- Amount: €450 (if employed by an organization in ODA country and/or a full-time student: €320)
- Account holder: MEDILS, Mestrovicevo setaliste 45 / 21000 Split, CROATIA
- Bank: HPB — Hrvatska Postanska Banka / Bihacka 2 / 21000 Split, Croatia
- IBAN: HR49 2390 0011 1003 3168 1
- SWIFT/BIC: HPBZHR2X
Payment of the course fee must be completed before the dead-line of 15th of May.
At the end of the summer school, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance which can be used to claim costs from their organization or budget holder. We typically do not issue certificates or receipts before or during the summer school.
Cancellations and refunds
All cancellations must be sent in writing via e-mail to 'email@example.com'. Expect confirmation of your cancellation within 3–5 days. We appreciate early notice about cancellation because the waiting list is usually long.
This is an event with a very tight budget which imposes some limitations on the refunding possibilities:
- refunding of the course fees is possible but only if a replacement (applicant on a waiting list) exists;
- the replacement must accept the terms and conditions of payment and cover the course fees within the given deadline;
- in the case of emergency, illness or death of registrant or immediate family member or similar tragic accident (not caused by the applicant), the organizers may refund the complete fees even if no replacement exists (to be decided by the organizing committee);
- in principle, no refunds will be issued for cancellations within 8 weeks of the beginning of the event;
In some cases, people cancel participation in the summer school at the last minute. Most frequently this happens due to two reasons: (1) registrant did not receive a visa or travel permit on time; (2) registrant has missed an airplane/train. In both cases the same refunding policies will apply (no refunding is possible). The only thing we can provide is a letter explaining the situation to your employer with a copy of this refunding policy. Please make this clear to your budget holder before the beginning of the summer school.